Explore the yogic perspective on new year's resolution: sankalpa. This powerful practice for realizing your most heartfelt desires, doesn’t ask you to change who you are but assumes that you already are who you need to be to fulfill your dharma, your purpose in life.
All you need to do is focus your mind and take time to listen to your inner wisdom. By allowing us to see clearly what we really seek, sankalpa empowers the mind to move from intention to realization.
This workshop will guide you through this process as we:
- Learn the meaning of sankalpa in the tantric tradition.
- Practice postures, breathwork and meditation designed to support self-inquiry.
- Experience a guided process of journaling to reveal our heartfelt desires.
- Create a strong and lasting resolution connected to our own truth and purpose.
- Practice Yoga Nidra to cultivate a deep relaxed state and plant the seeds of sankalpa in our receptive and prepared subconscious mind.
The most effective sankalpa is made when you are not intellectually active but when your mind is calm and quiet. Yoga Nidra is one of the most powerful technique to find this state of pure-being.
Because, once identified and set, your initial sankalpa might evolve or you might feel it need to be strengthened or refined, this workshop will be offered on January 8 and September 17th as well. These follow-up sessions will give you the opportunity to check in with your intention, shift it as needed, and re-establish your commitment. A discount is offered if you purchase sessions throughout 2017.
1 workshop: $30 // 2 workshops: $55 // 3 workshops: $75